Friday, September 19, 2014
Very Inspiring Blog Nomination
I’ve been nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Thank you to fellow blogger, Joy Walker, for this exciting and totally unexpected honor. Be sure to check out her equally inspiring blog, 3 Years and 13 Dumpsters: Cleaning House After Dementia.
Here are the rules:
1. Thank and link the amazing person who nominated you.
2. List the rules and display the award.
3. Share seven facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
5. Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Here are seven facts about me:
1. I’m a true westerner; I grew up riding a horse instead of a bicycle and never got further east than western Montana until I was over 50.
2. I married right out of high school and had three children by the time I was 21. Then I attended college along with my oldest daughter.
3. I’m a retired nurse who specialized in substance abuse and counseling—not dementia! That came after retirement--and even after my caregiver experiences below.
4. Since retiring, I’ve been a family caregiver for family members with a variety of problems from motorcycle accident injuries to Parkinson’s to cancer.
5. I square danced off and on for years and always loved it. That was the way Jim and I met!
6. I’m now married to my wonderful husband, Jim Whitworth, whose mission to spread the word about LBD drives my writing. We are sunbirds who live in Arizona and spend summers in the Pacific Northwest.
7. I love nuts. Anything tastes better with nuts!
I recommend any and all of the blogs in this blog’s sidebar. Many are about LBD, but some are about brain health and others are about alternative ways to treat LBD and other neurologic disorders. I also recommend these Facebook pages:
1. Memory People
2. Treasures in the Darkness by Pat Snyder