- Exercise: "Better dementia therapy than any drug." Lack: muscle pain, depression, slower thinking and confusion.
- Socialization stimulates mental function and improves self-worth. Lack: isolation, depression, confusion, and more.
- Fluids hydrate the body, transport nutrients, prevent constipation and regulate temperature. Lack: BPSD, confusion muscle cramps and more.
- Sleep is when the body restores and strengthens its resources. Lack: BPSD, confusion, pain sensitivity, weakened immune system.
- Proper diet and nutrition support a healthy body in general which frees up resources for dealing with dementia symptoms. Lack: malnutrition, overweight, susceptibility to illnesses, more dementia symptoms.
A Caregivers’ Guide to Lewy Body Dementia
Managing Cognitive Issues in Parkinson's and Lewy Body Dementia
Helen and James Whitworth are not doctors, lawyers or social workers. As informed caregivers, they share the information here for educational purposes only. It should never be used instead of a professional's advice.