- LBD is so much more than just dementia. Dementia is just one if it's many symptoms.
- It is a disease that affects many areas of the body besides the brain.
- It is a disease that is progressive and as yet incurable.
- It is a disease where many of the symptoms are treatable.
- It is a disease that we don't know nearly enough about. We don't fully know how we get it or how to stop it--yet.
- It is a disease that needs a lot more research!
For more information about Lewy body disorders, read our books:
A Caregivers’ Guide to Lewy Body Dementia
Managing Cognitive Issues in Parkinson's and Lewy Body Dementia
Helen and James Whitworth are not doctors, lawyers or social workers. As informed caregivers, they share the information here for educational purposes only. It should never be used instead of a professional's advice.