Mental stimulation improves and maintains brain function.
- Adapt to lower skill levels with easier books, puzzles or games, but don't quit.
- Invite friends or family members (1-2 a time) to visit in the person's home.
- Encourage continued participation in beloved sports, games and hobbies, simplified for more socialization and less challenge.
- Encourage continued participation in social and religious organizations. Choose smaller groups when possible.
- Make a playlist of the person's favorite songs that they can listen to with earphones.
- Use rhythm to facilitate movement.
A Caregivers’ Guide to Lewy Body Dementia
Managing Cognitive Issues in Parkinson's and Lewy Body Dement
Helen and James Whitworth are not doctors, lawyers or social workers. As informed caregivers, they share the information here for educational purposes only. It should never be used instead of a professional's advice.