- What a person is left with as abstract thinking fades.
- Based on information gathered by the senses.
- Literal; a "hot potato" is just a very warm vegetable.
- In the present, with no past or future, no ability to wait or to accept delayed gratification.
- Single-minded and based on the brain's first information.
- If the first thought about a spouse's phone conversation is "she's talking to her lover" that's the only truth.
- Able to accept only what the person experiences personally.
- The little men that the person sees are real and not hallucinations.
- Hard-wired and can't be changed with explanations, defending or arguing.
A Caregivers’ Guide to Lewy Body Dementia
Managing Cognitive Issues in Parkinson's and Lewy Body Dementia
Helen and James Whitworth are not doctors, lawyers or social workers. As informed caregivers, they share the information here for educational purposes only. It should never be used instead of a professional's advice.