Controling the environment:
- Avoid clutter, crowds, loud noises and bright lights and extremes.
- Use routines, rituals, transitional cues and familiarity.
- Monitor for symptoms and treat early
- Use healthy living practices
- Avoid pressure sores
- Monitor for non-verbal cues suggesting pain
- Treat early, first with non-drug options
- When using drugs, choose the mildest possible
- Consider medical marijuana
For more information about Lewy body disorders, read our books:
A Caregivers’ Guide to Lewy Body Dementia
Managing Cognitive Issues in Parkinson's and Lewy Body Dementia
Helen and James Whitworth are not doctors, lawyers or social workers. As informed caregivers, they share the information here for educational purposes only. It should never be used instead of a professional's advice.